Monday, September 19, 2011

Handmade Christmas Gift #1 and more

Hello!
I am starting working on several new projects. Some are Christmas gifts. So far I finished one.
This is the half way picture. And following, the finished scarf.
It is very simple pattern, since my knitting  skills are a little rusted.

It will be a Christmas gift  for my Mother-in-law. I love this shade of blue and hope she likes it too.

Now the projects I need to finish.
This will be one of the popular rainbow pencil rolls that are all over the net. I will use denim for the pocket and exterior.
Brenda will get it for Christmas. I will post the finished pencil roll when I finish.
And here are the 7" squares for a Christmas rag quilt. The back will be red flannel, and the top red corduroy  and the Christmas paper dolls fabric.
I also started a new crochet basket, this time using t-shirt yarn. But I run out of t-shirts and the basket will have to wait.
I have some other projects that will be finished soon.

Now, some new treats I got recently.
A friend gave me this beautiful Moda Jelly roll. It is from the Hometown collection. It is the first time a have a jelly roll and I am trilled. It is a quite pricey little thing, really a treat because I only buy fabric by the yard at Joann using a coupon. I never buy pre cut fabrics and  rarely buy fabric at other places.  I don't have many choices around here.
I am still deciding what to do with this beauty.
I was crazy for this magazine. The new Just Cross Stitch Magazine Sept/Oct.  My husband stopped by a Joann super store on his way from work to get me one. The two Joann's near by don't carry Just Cross Stitch.
And look what I got in the mail today. The Christmas Ornaments Special Issue and the new Halloween book. They are beautiful. I ordered about  two weeks ago!  Silver Needle was very busy.
As you can see, I have enough to keep me busy for a while.
Thanks for stopping by!

Ana Paula.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're finding more crafting time now that your daughter is back in school, Ana Paula! Your mother-in-law will love that scarf--such a lovely shade of blue... The pencil roll is off to a great start as well--I'm sure Brenda will love it. I know I would have when I was a little girl :)

    How nice to get a jellyroll as a gift! I've never had one either, but the fabrics in them are always so special--can't wait to see how you use them. I got my ornament magazine this week, too--such fun to look through again and again. Not sure which one I'll stitch first--there are so many nice ones this year :)

    Enjoy your week and your extra crafting time!

    ReplyDelete