Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Bunting

I am all ready for Easter, at least the decorations are ready.
I finally made  my version of Nana Company's Spring banner. Well, I think mine is more a mix of Amy's from Nana Company and Sandra's from Cherry Heart.
I used Amy's pattern for the ticker tape applique that you can get at her blog, but changed the style of the banners to be more like Sandra's.

Eu estou pronta para a Pascoa, pelo menos a decoracao esta pronta.
Finalmente eu fiz minha versao da Spring Banner da Nana company.
Bom, eu acho que a minha e mais uma mistura das da Amy do blog Nana Company e da Sandra do blog Cherry Heart.
Eu usei os ricos para as aplicacoes estilo ticker tape da Amy, que estao no blog dela , mas mudei as bandeirolas para o estilo mais como as da Sandra do blog Cherry Heart. Os links est~ao na parte em Ingles.

Another change I made was to add a tulip, so I could have five different designs.
Outra modificacao que fiz foi adicionar uma tulipa, para ter cinco motivos diferentes.

Look how messy! Had to tie all the loose ends.  I made two bunnies and three chicks to be able to get favorites.
Olha que bagunca! Tive que amarrar todas as pontas de linha. Eu fiz tres coelhinhos e dois pintinhos para poder conseguir meus preferidos.

And here is the finished bunting (or banner).
I am very happy with how it come out, and it is a lovely addition to my Easter decor.
E aqui esta a banner terminada.
Eu estou muito feliz com o resultado e 'e uma linda adicao para minha decoracao de Pascoa.

Now, my cubby shelf all decorated for Easter. I was able to fill up all the twenty cubbies!
E agora minha prateleira cubby toda enfeitada para a Pascoa. Eu consegui encher todos os vinte espacos!

And one last thing. My fabric carrots I made following the tutorial from Clare's Craft Room.
E uma ultima coisa. Minhas cenouras de pano feitas seguindo o tutorial do blog Clare's Craft Room.

Happy Easter!
Feliz Pascoa!
Ana Paula.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Robin

I have a small finish to show.

The light is bad, and I wish I had stitched it on darker blue fabric, the white branches would show better... This is a pattern from Christiane Dahlbeck.
I made several changes, because of the aida fabric. The design has half stitches that would only work on linen. Very different half stitches. Well, I will have to live with it.

I wanted to use a small frame for this design. Could not find anything that worked at Michael's.
But I found this  laser cut frame at the wood aisle. I think it was about two dollars, no more than that. I spray painted white,  and because it is a flat frame, I had to do a little trick to finish the ornament.
I wish I had pictures.
I got a piece of white cardboard just a bit bigger than the frame opening and put it on the back of the stitched piece, folding the edges of the fabric to the back of the cardboard and gluing it with Tacky Glue.
After that,  I put a thin line of glue around the back of the opening of the frame and carefully pressed  the stitched piece against it.
To finish the back I glued white felt on the back of the cardboard.
The finished ornament has to lay on something to stand, but you can make a stand to the back using cardboard, or even glue a ribbon to hang.
I hope my directions are clear enough.
I just love this little frame, is so delicate! I think I will have more finishes like this.
It was the first robin I ever stitched, and I want to stitch some more. I love robins, never saw a real one, but I think they are just adorable, specially the European one.
The robin on The Secret Garden movie (I love it!) and Beatrix Potter's robin on her Peter Rabbit story
are my favorites.
Since I only have sparrows here in my courtyard, I got the robin figurine on the picture above at a gift shop in San Diego. He is darling!
Anyways, that was my first robin cross stitch, and the first ornament for my cubby shelf from my previous post.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Ana Paula.