I am working hard on finishing several sewing projects. Lots more to go!
Here are the two I just finished this week.
First, a denim library bag.
I have a storage container full of denim, mostly Brenda's. We donate a lot of her clothes when she outgrows them, but I still save many. I normally make bermudas of the jeans that get too short on her. So, I had lots of half legs of jeans.
Anyways, I wanted to make a new library bag, the old one was so ugly! I made a pretty one for Brenda last Christmas, so ours was looking even worse.
We are big library people. We go every week for books and movies. Now that Brenda got the Harry Potter bug, she gets anything Harry related.
I saw a nice recycled denim bag on Pinterest. This is my version of it. There was no pattern, I just made up my own.
I had to cut one of my old jeans. No way it was going to fit me anymore.
I used cotton batting and a blue and white floral fabric for lining. I came out very sturdy, and we were able to use it on the same day I made it. Cool!
There will be more bags soon...I need to use all that denim.
My other project is this door stopper.
It was also made to substitute an old one. I used corduroy and a piece of this patchwork looking fabric. It made it faster, the pattern has a 9 patch block instead. This door stopper has a zipper on the bottom, so you can wash it. I really like this style, I think I will always make this one. If you want make it too, here is the tutorial from Lark Crafts.
Here is the back. I need a little more dried peas to make it fuller.
That's it for today! Back to the sewing machine.
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!