Friday, May 13, 2011

Cross Stitch Spring Sampler

Hello!
I have done lots of organizing and cleaning around our home. It is a never ending job. But I found some time for gardening and  sewing.
Today I have something special to show you, my latest sewing project.
The pictures came out a little odd... I think was the angle, but here it is.
Pretty, isn't it? I love this Janlynn pattern. I had to have it.
No, I did not stitched it, I have to tell you the truth. I have done big patterns before,but nothing as big as this.
I think I  would take the rest of my life to complete something this detailed because I am a very slow stitcher.
Since I wanted this sampler badly, I cheated and got a finished one on e-bay. It came from Canada and is beautifully done by a exceptionally talented cross stitcher.
It is a very exquisite design. A collage style sampler including all the spring holidays, gardening and even spring cleaning.
I tried to frame this the way I always do, getting a frame and a mat at Michael's, but it did not work. I had it for over two years and finally decided to make it into a quilted wall hanging.
It was hard work for me. I really love quilts, and admire people that can quilt especially because I cannot really do it. I wanted to make a fancy wave border and make  seams to machine quilt it.  I did it after several attempts. It was the first time I did a quilted border like this. It is not perfect, but I am very pleased with the results.
I think is great when you go out of your comfort zone and try new things.

Thanks for stopping by!
Ana Paula

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to "frame" that pretty piece! I have the autumn Janlynn kit, but haven't stitched it yet--they really do look like a lot of work. Your quilted frame with its wavy edge really works with it, Ana--great job. Where will you display it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire your tenacity and patience. Whew! That takes a long time to finish - and it's all worth it :) Very beautiful! Thanks for joining us and sharing with us this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete