Saturday, May 14, 2011

Ivy Letter Topiary

Hi!
I wanted to make a big initial  letter to display on a shelf , and when I found this cool idea
on  Family Fun magazine, I  decided to give it a try.
Great gardening craft to make with kids!
My problem was to find a rectangular pot that fitted inside a pretty container. Good luck on that!
So, I got two small ivy plants on two pots,and put inside a loaf bread pan as you see above.
When it is on the shelf, nobody will see inside, right?
I made the letter using sticks and twine. The magazine asked for 12-gauge covered floral wire, but the sticks worked better for me.
Now I need to be patient and wait the ivy grow and cover the letter. As it grows, I will tie it on the sticks.
Let me tell you, next time I will start with longer ivy plants. :)
If you don't have the magazine and want to make it, you can find the directions at the Family Fun website.
Thanks for stopping by!
Ana Paula.

4 comments:

  1. You always have such fun ideas to share with us, Ana Paula--I'll bet that ivy will grow very quickly in all that wonderful California sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave me an idea, Ana! The girls and I might do it this summer. Thanks for joining us and sharing with us this awesome post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this will be done...next fall? Summer is just too busy but I can see it in one of my big pots near our pool....making an S might be hard though.

    ReplyDelete