Friday, August 23, 2013

Summer

Hi!
Last weeks of summer vacation! I am busy sewing some new tops for Brenda wear at school.
Not pictures yet.
This summer I managed to finish some projects that were for a long time on my list.
This button monogram  was a WIP for quite sometime.


I am so happy I finally finished it.
The idea is not mine. I saw many online, and fell in love with these ones.
The buttons were sew on a piece of beige linen and I found what I think is the perfect frame at Salvation Army. I just love how it looks.
I also did a little knitting. Very little.


Miss American Girl Felicity got some new stuff.


I made her a shawl using some leftover yarn.

 
I also made her a couple of new dresses. This orange dress was made from a dress my sister sent to Brenda when she was about four years old.



This one is her new tea party dress.



And for Brenda I made three shorts from jeans using some cute trims I got on Etsy.


 I also made her a Minion hat for her to wear to go see Despicable Me 2.


It was a long line, but it was worth it.
This year we stayed home, just doing some local things.



We had a picnic at the park to celebrate my husband's birthday.


A visit to San Diego to see the Grandparents.


We went to The OC County Fair and Brenda had a good time with the butterflies.


We went to the  Clans of the Highlands picnic and I baked a strawberry - cherry cobbler to take.


It was a fun day with Great Grandma, Grandpa , Aunt Pat and some friends.


And Brenda made some new friends.



Well, these are some of the things we did this summer.


I also baked this Plum upside down cake last week. It was so good!
Now, I just need to finish my sewing!

Have a great end of Summer!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, love your button letter how wonderful , all your craft making is lovely and great photos , looks like you had a great Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are all together having a good time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda is one lucky little girl to have a mom like you to make all those pretty things for both her and her doll!! I love the minion hat--too cute!!

    Your "M" button is wonderful--a great accent for your home. And I'm so glad you had a relaxing week with so many visits with family :) Wishing Brenda a great school year!

    ReplyDelete