Thursday, April 26, 2012

Moda Hometown Table Runner and Pillows

Hello!
Several months ago a friend gave me a "jelly roll", one of those cool rolls of precut stripes from Moda Fabrics. They come on so many pretty prints! Mine was Hometown by Sweetwater.
I finally decided what to do  with it.  Well, part of it, the blue and red stripes.  It's amazing how a jelly roll goes a long way.
First, I made a table runner using this tutorial again.  I followed the same tutorial to make a Christmas table runner last year. Now I have a table runner to use all year long on my Ikea trunk that I use as a coffee table.  I store extra blankets inside.
This was back in March.  Since I had more fabric in the same colorway, I made some pillows.
A brick pattern.
 A rail fence
I don't know how to call this one. The ric-rac pillow? It is smaller, the fabric was almost gone!

I made the backs using a red Moda Marbles fabric I had at home.
Sorry about the bad picture. This was before making the last pillow.
I am not a quilter, I don't have a fancy sewing machine, but I really enjoyed making these projects! Now I still have yellow and grey fabric from the same jelly roll, and I am thinking... soon I will post new stuff.
I have been lazy on my blogging. 

So, let me share some pretty Spring flowers I got recently.
My husband gave me red roses.
I have been cutting lavender from the garden.
Smells so pretty!
And a dear friend of mine gave me these beauties!
Anyways, I am working on a couple of new things, and hope to post again soon.

Have a great day !

Ana Paula.

5 comments:

  1. What fun! You really prettied the place up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner and new pillows are wonderful Ana Paula--I'll bet they give your apartment a whole new look :) And how nice to have so many pretty flowers--love the roses from your dear husband! We used to have lavender to cut, too, but it has all died (or been eaten by our resident deer!). Need to try to plant more soon.

    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your runner and cushions both the colours and the designs. Your lavender from the garden looks so well grown, ours will not flower until June.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pillows I still like the one you did for the Oct.3, 2011 posting Please do a tutorial on that. Or give us some info on where you found the idea.
    Just bought lavender AGAIN this year it is VERY hard to grow here.
    HUGS
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh commentc`est jole!!!:O)
    bonne journee!!
    xxx maria xxx

    ReplyDelete