Monday, April 28, 2014

A Little English Cottage.

Hello! Hope you are all enjoying Spring!
We had a lovely Easter, but I was so busy that I forgot to take pictures.
But I took these ones of the resurrection garden we made this year.




This weekend I made a project that was on the planning for a long time.


A little English Cottage. Many years ago in Brazil, I had a magazine with the directions to make a tea cozy shaped like one of these charming little houses. I always wanted to make one, so I finally made a small version of it. I looked of lots of pictures of embroidery cottages, and this is what I came up with.
Now that I put the Easter decorations away, my cubby shelf is so empty. It's not easy to always  keep all the twenty 5x5 slots filled with seasonal items. I am always looking for cute little things that fit. The Cottage was made to fit. Perfect!


This was my second try. I really wanted hollyhocks by the door, but it did not worked out...I was not able to make them small enough. So, I decided for the climbing roses. Most of  the flowers are french knots, only the daisies are daisy stitch. I used wool felt for the roof, windows and door. For the back of the cottage I used a green print fabric.


I sew a little triangle on the two bottom corners, so it could stand. Sorry about the blurry picture.


The chimney is just a folded ribbon. The cottage measures 5x4 without the chimney.


I did the embroidery mostly at night watching TV. I think it was a good practice, since I am planning some bigger embroidery projects for the near future, and it was a long time since I had done any of this kind of embroidery.


I am very pleased with the result, it feels good when you make something that you wanted for so long, and it turns out just the way you imagined.



Have a good week, and may all your stitching dreams come true :) !

Ana Paula.

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! I am glad you finally got it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks just like the Devon cottages we have here in Devon, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling!! I can't imagine doing all those French knots, Ana Paula--they all look wonderful! And your Resurrection garden is so sweet--what a beautiful idea for Easter!

    Hope you and your family are enjoying a wonderful spring time. Happy May to you!

    ReplyDelete