Friday, May 16, 2014

A Sewing Machine Cover, Mat, Pincushion, and Thread Catcher

Hello!
Here in Southern California is super hot...over a 100 degrees. We are trying to stay cool.
I hope everybody had a wonderful Mother's  Day. Mine certainly was.
I am  working  on my huge list of to do projects. Now I can check these ones out!!!
For a long time I wanted to make a sewing machine cover and accessories. I finally did!


I got the main fabric at Joann's. It's called "Sew Vintage". I love the pretty red and blue dresses.


I added  a  sweet redwork mannequin.


And used some red ric-rac and red polka-dot fabric . Everything is prettier with red polka-dot.


I made the mat with pockets and all trimmed in red.


The last item for the set is a  weighted pincushion with  a detachable thread catcher. There is a small bag of uncooked rice inside the pincushion, so it will stay put.


Detail of the top of the pincushion.



It was a lot of work to make the set, but I love it! The seams were thick, because I used cotton batting on everything. So...I broke some needles :)
I made a couple more things lately.


A new skirt and matching headband for Brenda.



And a cupcake apron for the Girl's camp auction tomorrow at church.


On Mother's day Brenda wore her new apron to help Daddy make breakfast.
I made this one for Easter. She picked the fabric, and asked for ruffles. It came out so cute!
Anyways, I am keeping myself busy here.
I wish you a great weekend, and thank you for stopping by!

Ana Paula.



5 comments:

  1. Very, very nice and pretty Ana Paula. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your projects all look awesome, Ana Paula--so bright and cheery. And I love the apron finishes--how sweet of Brenda and your husband to cook you breakfast on Mother's Day :)

    Sure hope things cool down for you out there! We are very cool here--only 56 right now, but it was 90 earlier in the week. Crazy spring weather!!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how wonderful love your sewing machine cover it is beautiful.
    And so are all the cloths you made.
    That would be a little to hot for me over there I think 80 is to hot for us.
    Have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sewing machine cover! I have the Se Vintage fabric. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, JoAnns says this fabric has been discontinued. Does anyone have a manufacturer name or numbers that I could use to search for this fabric? Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete