Sunday, April 10, 2011

Easter countdown - Resurection Eggs

Hello!
Since last year our family is counting down to Easter Sunday to focus on the real reason we celebrate Easter.
My daughter Brenda is always very excited to learn about Jesus.

I have seen this all over, and after lots of thinking and reading I came up with my version.
You can make it very easily, mostly with things you have around the house.
You need to start the countdown on April 13th this year.



Here what you need:

- 12 plastic eggs  (you can nest them in a basket or in a egg carton. I got my ceramic carton at Home Goods, but you can  use one made of cardboard or Styrofoam, the kind you bring the eggs home from the grocery store- if you are using an egg carton, make sure to get small eggs that will fit.
- A permanent marker or scrapbook stickers.
- Countdown items and scripture references written on small pieces of paper.
Number the eggs using the markers or stickers. Put the appropriate item with the correspondent scripture reference inside each egg and place them on a basket or egg carton.
Here is the list of scriptures and items for the eggs:

1-   Matthew 26:26-28 (small cracker)
2-   Matthew 26:14-16 (3 dimes)
3-   Matthew 26:48-49 (chocolate kiss)
4-   Matthew 27:15,17,21,24-26 (chunk of hand soap)
5-   John 19:2 (small thorny branch or a large thorn and a small piece of purple fabric)
6-   John 19:17 (small cross made of tooth picks)
7-   John 19:18,34 (a nail)
8-   John 19:23-24 (swatch of burlap and a small dice)
9-   Matthew 27:34 ( small piece of sponge)
10- John 19:40 ( bay leaf, whole cloves or other whole spices)
11- John 20:1 - Matthew 28:2  (small flat stone)
12- Matthew 28:5-7 (empty)
This countdown is great because you will read direct from the bible.  We like to read just before school, but it would work at any time of the day.Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this meaningful countdown with your family.

Ana Paula.

5 comments:

  1. Love these, I didn't get around to it this year, but I have always wanted to. Great way to celebrate the true reason for Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a marvelous idea! love the cute countdown eggs! thanks for sharing this and I'm following you :)

    I hopped from TypeAdecorating bloggers Party :)

    Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Resurection Eggs, but what a wonderful way to teach a child about the Easter season, Ana Paula! If I ever have grandchildren, I'll have to remember this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cant wait to make these and do it with my little guy!

    I also wanted to let you know I awarded you the versatile blogger award you can check it out here
    http://chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, Ana! Very easter-y. Thank you for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete