Friday, April 1, 2011

Pom-pom Spring chicks on recycled mini pots

Hello!
I love Spring! Like many moms do, I try to teach my child about the wonder of planting seeds.
Last  year we got some cute polka doted  egg mini pots with seeds at Target's dollar section.
The seeds were great : daisies, zinnias and sunflowers. The daisies survived the snails...In a couple of weeks or so I will have daisy flowers  in my little garden patch.
I got the same kind of seeds this year. Looking good! The little plants are getting bigger and bigger now.
I saved the empty little pots from last year.
Here what I made: a little spring craft ... pom-pom chicks!
I used Bernat Sofiee Baby yarn, but any baby yarn will do.
I made two different sizes of pom-poms using Clover pom-pom maker from Joann.
The package includes two sizes: 1-3/8'' and 1-5/8''.

Of course you can make pom-poms the old fashioned way...will work the same.
I used beads for the eyes and felt for the beak.(just cut a little diamond shape on orange felt, fold in half and tuck in place with a little dot of glue).
Now, place the little guys on the egg pots, and you are done! 
This is a great spring craft to do with the kids.
 Adult supervision always!
 A cute addition to your spring / Easter decor.

I am linking to  these great parties:
                                                                





6 comments:

  1. Seeing those cute chick pom-poms really brought back memories for me, Ana! I used to love making pom-pom animals back in elementary school (way before you were even born, I'm sure!!). I remember making chicks, piggies, lambs--so sweet...

    Hope you're enjoying your spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya ana , what gorgeous little chick x i am visiting from homemake on a dime (dont you just love her ) and i am your newest follower too , hope to see you at mine sometime
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the comment on my blog! these little chicks are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These chicks are just adorable! Love the little egg shell pots too.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop, Ana! These pompom chicks are perfect for easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So CUTE!! I love that you made the pompoms too! Thanks for visiting me. I'm following now =)

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete