Monday, June 20, 2011

Orange County Fair 2010

Hi! Other day I found the pictures from last year's local County Fair's crafts.
Each year they have less and less crafts, and sadly not many Christmas items (my favorites). But last year they had some real masterpieces.
Since it is almost County Fair time again,  I will post some pictures.  Here are my personal favorites.
This one is my  very favorite quilt. Look at all the details. Amazing.
Now a lovely cross stitch piece. Just perfect. Full of beads and magic.
A Boy Scouts quilt. Simple piecing, but I love the colors, and how the themed fabrics were used.
I should try to make something like this for my Eagle Scout.
The jewel colors on this Log Cabin quilt are beautiful. One of my favorite quilt patterns.
A cool motorhome quilt. I love it. So creative!
A pretty machine embroidered picture. I like the small quilted designs on the border.
The same winter wonderland scene, this time framed. Nice to see  the same pattern used  in two slightly different ways.
A Halloween Quilt. I don't get  why they fold it.
I want this cross stitch pattern! :) Simple and beautiful.
This California Missions quilt is so wonderful! Folded also. They hired an interior designer to do the display ... go figure!  I love the mix of quilting and cross stitch.
I will close my post with this beauty. This pattern is from Patricia Andrle from the old Cross Stitch and Country Crafts magazine. You can find easily on e-bay.  I love it, but I will never make one. I am not this talented. :(
Hope you like my selection. Have a great day!
Ana Paula

1 comment:

  1. There sure are a lot of talented people in the world, aren't there? I adore that rabbit quilt--just amazing work :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete