Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Craft storage corner

I really love crafts, I always did.  I come from a very crafty family.
My mom and all her female relatives were always doing some kind of handwork.
They did sewing, cross stitch, several kinds of embroidery, knitting, crochet, even bobbin lace.
So, I end up learning something. Being a crafter  means that you collect a lot of "stuff".
I have several storage boxes filled with my things.
When you live in an small apartment, things can get difficult.
I needed something to hold my craft supplies, especially the small stuff in a way that could be handy and I could find when I needed it.
We are lucky to have an Ikea near by.
I got a Expedit shelf and Flort boxes that hide all the mess. They close with a zipper and have a place for a tag. How cool is that? I just love these boxes.
Now, things look much better, I don't have a before picture, but trust me, it was scary.
Here are the after pictures!
The tins and boxes hold buttons, lace and other small items. I love red, as you can see.
I still have boxes of fabric and yarn, but that's another project. :)
Thanks for stopping by.
Ana Paula.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice organizing job, Ana! The red color is so nice and cheery...Isn't it a great feeling to have everything in its own place?

    ReplyDelete