Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recycled denim blanket

Hello!
Things are slow around here. I am organizing. That's my New Year's resolution.
But,  I will have a cross stitch finish to share soon and a couple of other little projects.
Anyways, I hope that after all this organizing I will be able to make all the stuff  I have planned for the year.
I ordered some cross stitch patterns, and can't wait to start something new. And work on the old ones too. :)
Since I don't have any cross stitch to show you, I decided to share this denim blanket I made using old pants.
It is a very simple one, using big blocks, I even used parts with pockets. It's a very fun blanket!
The seams were clipped to make the "rag quit style". I used red tag denim from Joann for the back.
We use this for picnics and I always get lots of compliments. People stop by to take a look.
So, just an idea for recycling all those jeans you have around the house. Now, I am collecting  old jeans for a new project. Recycled denim is so much fun. Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to re-use old jeans, Ana! Your blanket looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thanks for visiting & following my blog! I just joined yours. I love the denim blanket you made. I bet it's so warm :)

    FYI, check out my latest post about NO-REPLY. You are set up that way. Just in case you didn't know.

    ~Mary
    www.thecraftygals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete