Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine Hat and Scarf

Hello!
Today I want to show you a set of red hat and scarf I made to donate to the Children's Tumor Foundation.
Every year they host local little parties on different parts of the country to watch the 24 hours of Daytona race.
The Children's Tumor Foundation has a car on the race with the purpose to raise money for reaserch and  awareness to Neurofibromatosis.
My daughter Brenda has Neurofibromatosis 1.
We try to help participating in events, raising money for reaserch any  way we can.
So, I decide to make the hat and scarf set  to be used on the raffle at our local party today.
It a very simple set, fast and easy to make.
For the hat, I used a loom from Provo Crafts. I love these looms. I have made many  hats just like this for charity events at my church.
I used Homespun and Fun Fur from Lion Brand for the set.
I made the scarf using regular knitting needles.
I put the hat and scarf  together with some Valentine candy on a little wire basket from the Dollar Tree .
And here it is, ready to go! I hope this can help the event today.
Thanks for stopping by,
Ana Paula :)

No comments:

Post a Comment